Friday, August 26, 2005

Nobody expects the badger!

I was going to write something, really, but I didn't have anything to say, so I ended up tweaking the template instead. And by “tweaking”, I of course mean that I removed something and found that I quite liked how the page looked without it. If you find that you can’t live without the dark brown background image, you can see it in its full glory here. Tomorrow, I'm going to try to replace the rather bland text heading with a picture of a bdager. A badger drinking tea.

6 comments:

- said...

But I rather liked the stuffy background! Ah, me! How unexpected.


(As an aside, would a different, sort of...damper basckground color than white be acceptable? I quite enjoyed the "mouldering wallpaper" look.)

Johan Sandås said...

You are, of course, free to change back to the unmodified template any time you like (I would appreciate if you waited until somebody made a couple of new posts first, so my post about changing the look doen't end up greeting new visitors for a couple of weeks even though nothing's changed).

What I was really looking for was a way to put a picture in the title/header/whatever it’s called (yeah, that’s how far I got. I almost know what the thing I'm trying to change is called); the mouldy wallpaper was just the first thing I happened to touch.

Unknown said...

My spontaneous reaction is that there should probably be _something_ there... feels kinda empty as it is.

I'm skeptical, however, to the "basckground" that Clockmaker speaks of. It sounds dangerous.

Johan Sandås said...

How about this basckground colour?

Johan Sandås said...

Er... on closer inspection, it looks a lot like the default background colour on generic blogger pages (like the "post a comment" page, for example). I'll change it before you even get a chance to see its genericness.

Johan Sandås said...

There. It looks... a lot like the old wallpaper. And changes that you can hardly see are the best changes.