Sunday, May 28, 2006

France Is Winning, Dammit

I Almost Forgot The Week Thing Already

So.
I ordered three Cités Obscures albums this week. Well, not bad, huh? Not bad, Clocky? you might say. And well you might, because those are some mighty fine comics as far as I'm concerned.
Only, they've not been properly translated, not all of them anyway (I understand Brüsel and The Invisible Frontier have passable translations), so I got them in French. (Which, as it turns out, I can read without much trouble without having bothered to learn how — in fact despite having actively tried not to learn the Snootybastard tongue.) Mind you, the writers are Belgian, but so are all French comickers.
If you bother to read parentheses, you may already know I'm none too fond of France and its inhabitants. I used to feel that there were only three good things to come out of that wretched abyss: Verne, Dumas and Asterix. The tally is building up rapidly, however. Brotherhood of the Wolf! Mechanical Dream! And now, the Obscure Cities!
I actually think I can hear Gérard Depardieu laughing now, a deep, pleased »a-honh-honh-honh« toasting my slow defeat.


Couldn't you have written in Flemish, bastards?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jasteau Cossacque is laughing in his grave.