Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Kusch the Worldwalker in: Accounts of Daily Life

This morning I woke from my alarm clock. I proceeded to follow my usual morning routine, which means I got up, took a piss and then a shower. I felt unusually tired, even for a tuesday morning, but I didn't give it a second thought. I came back into my room, naked except for the towel around my waist, and was struck by how cold it was. I have the habit of sleeping with my window open, as my room can get rather hot, so I went to close it. Looking out, I was baffled to see how dark it was outside.

"Are we that far into the year already?", I thought.

Then I looked at my watch, to discover that it was 1 o'clock am. Further examination revealed that it wasn't my alarm clock that had sounded, but rather my cellphone that was trying to tell me that its battery needed reloading.

Grumbling, and with wet hair, I went back to sleep.

No comments: